Ventrus Networks is the premier provider of Cloud Services, Helpdesk, Server Monitoring, Managed Networks and Consultancy Services in the Thames Valley area. Due to ongoing success we have now commenced our next phase of growth in IT solutions including the launch of our own Cloud/Hosted platform, making this an exciting time to join us.
We currently have vacancies for the role of second line Field/Helpdesk Engineers to be based primarily in Wokingham where you will be supporting client sites around the UK via the telephone and remotely, there will also be a regular requirement to work at our customer sites.
You will be providing second line support and implementations on a wide range of technologies. You will remotely diagnose IT problems and resolve them efficiently and quickly. You will have excellent organisational skills, be able to manage work queues and demonstrate your ability in efficient ticket management by triaging tickets according to urgency and escalating where required. You will be able to follow processes and procedures in ensuring that tickets are resolved and closed in accordance with our strict SLA’s. You must have excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work on your own initiative and thrive under pressure. Teamwork is key and you will have good leadership skills working in collaboration with account management and other departments in ensuring the client receives an excellent all round experience.
- Install and configure workstations, HP/Dell/IBM servers, NAS appliances, HP/Netgear/Huawei switches, Cisco/Draytek routers and various firewall appliances (Juniper, Cisco and Barracuda)
- Install and configure Barracuda Networks family of appliances (Webfilter, NG firewall, Spam Firewall, Message Archiver)
- Install and configure Cloud Service applications from Soonr, GFI, Bytesize Backups and our own Dedicated Cloud platform
Skills and experience required:
- Technologies including W7, W2008/12 admin and network implementation and troubleshooting.
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Small Business Server 2008, 2011
- Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- Cisco IOS
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Kaspersky/Sophos and Bitdefender Antivirus
- IIS, DNS, DHCP, RRAS
If you are interested in hearing more or if you feel you have the skills necessary and you are ready to apply, please contact Sara Chapman via email with an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES**